Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny has awarded me the "Kreativ Blogger" Award! :) Thanks, Brandy! These types of blog memes are great (though some would disagree) because they can introduce readers to some very interesting and creative blogs they would've never found otherwise. There are so many great blogs out there waiting to be discovered, and word-of-mouth advertising through blog awards is one way of getting the word out. Huzzah for networking! The rules for this award are to: reveal seven things about yourself, then pass the award on to seven other blogs you feel are deserving of the title "Kreativ Blog" (and hope they continue to pay it forward). Easy!
So here are my seven:
- I am a proud Catholic.
- Singing in the Church choir is the highlight of my week.
- I wanted to go to culinary school and study to be a pastry chef. Instead, I geeked out and majored in chemistry with a math minor, settling to play pastry chef during my off time.
- I think being a lunch lady in an elementary school cafeteria would be a very cool job.
- I started crocheting 14 years ago, before it turned mainstream. My yarn stash is under my bed.
- I work for the oil industry. Men make up the majority of my co-workers, and there are many days when I don't even SEE one of my female co-workers.
- I enjoy living in South Louisiana because of its warm, generous people, culture, and food. And because of #1 (above). Acadiana can't be beat when it comes to its strong Catholic communities!