Monday, December 14, 2009

My Girl Paula: Red Velvet Cake



This week's My Girl, Paula! is "Holiday Baking," so I made one of Paula Deen's red velvet cake recipes.  Instead of cupcakes, I poured the batter into three 8" round pans for a nicer presentation.  Don't you love cutting into a cake and finding three layers instead of three?  'Cause I sure do!  Sorry there's no picture of the inside-- this cake was made for a co-worker.  I don't think he would've appreciated it if I had cut into the cake before he brought it to his party.  Had I the forsight, there would be pictures of the cake while I was stacking and frosting it.  With its vivid red layers sandwiched between thick layers of creamy white frosting, it's a showstopper!  Head on over to the My Girl, Paula! site to check out the other delicious Paula Deen desserts made by our members this week!

7 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty and I bet everyone was excited when you brought it into work! I love red velvet cake and it's so appropriate for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - gorgeous! I bet it tastes just as good. I watched her on Iron Chef last night - she's a flirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE red velvet cake! Your version is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some very good things about Paula's Red Velvet Cake! Your cake looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red velvet cake. I will have to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to make a really good red velvet cake, but yours looks fabulous, Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete