Monday, October 26, 2009

My Girl, Paula: Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

Pumpkin.  Gooey.  Butter.  Cake.  Could there be a more perfect set of four words?  If you have even the slightest weakness for gooey butter cakes, Paula Deen recipes, butter, pumpkin, and/or cream cheese, head on over to the Food Network's site and print out a copy of Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes.  I had a white cake mix in the pantry, so I used that instead of yellow and added 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to the crust.



Visit the My Girl, Paula blog to check out what goodies the other members whipped up for this week's entry.  With an "anything goes" theme, there ought to be plenty of new Paula Deen recipes to drool over and try out!

7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try her gooey butter cakes and your pumpkin cakes look DEElicious! I am crazy about pumpkin desserts, but I usually don't make them because I'm the only one in the house who will eat them. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow! That looks incredible! Give it up for the south!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your site through My Girl, Paula. I love Paula's Gooey Butter Cake! I made the pumpkin version last Thanksgiving and it's delicious. Can't wait to make it again soon. Cute site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is....Wow. That looks sinful. I wish I could try it TODAY but I have to go to work. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! It was really good, though I might have overbaked it a bit. First time making a gooey butter cake and I wasn't sure how gooey it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these last Thanksgiving and they were incredible! Yours look perfect to me. I have to admit I overbaked mine a little bit...it was definitely hard to know just how "gooey" they should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my first taste of gooey butter cake a couple of weeks ago, and I am crazy impressed. I can't believe I lived 24 years without knowing how good it is, honestly. I've been in awe of that one taste for weeks, and here you go presenting me with a pumpkin version? Too much.

    ReplyDelete