Pepperoni Breadsticks: fast, fun, and a real kid-pleaser. I was tempted to write "cleaner than pizza"...until I remembered how ungraceful I am with foods dipped in sauce. My light-colored shirts are sauce magnets! Hopefully you and your kiddos can manage to keep yours clean, or do what I've recently learned to do when eating spaghetti or pizza: wear a red shirt :) Anyone else out there a messy eater?
Pepperoni Breadsticks (makes 10)
1 can refrigerated pizza dough
10 sticks smoked mozzarella string cheese*
1 pkg. turkey pepperoni (you'll need 80 slices or so)
Marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and lighty grease with non-stick spray.
Unroll pizza dough onto a work surface, and cut into 10 pieces. Working one at a time, gently pat and stretch dough into about 4" x 5½" rectangles. Exact size doesn't matter here--just aim for a size big enough to roll a stick of string cheese in. Lay about 8 slices of pepperoni down the length of the dough rectangle, overlapping to fit. Place string cheese on top, then roll dough up to cover filling. Pinch seams and both ends, making sure to get a good seal. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough and fillings.
Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until breadsticks are lightly golden. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then serve with sauce for dipping.
* I found smoked string cheese in the "fancy cheeses" display near the deli. Mine came in a vacuum-packed bundle of 16, so no individual wrappers to fool with!
I recently received the Beautiful Blogger Award from Lady Bubble Pop World of Joy of The CopyCat Blog. Thank you! Don't you just love her name? It's so fun and definitely memorable. If you're into makeup, you'll love her blog--she recreates gorgeous makeup looks and posts for us to see! The blog is fairly new (oldest post I could find is from January 2010), but I'm certain she'll have a great future in the blogging world--she received her first award very early on! Won't you pay her a visit and welcome Lady Bubble Pop World of Joy to the blogging community? :)
Instructions for the award:1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.
Here are 7 "maybe interesting" things about myself:
1. I would love to be able to create those lovely eye makeup looks I see in tutorials, but have not had success due to my Asian eyes.
2. I'm okay with that. I think I'm pretty stinkin' awesome, and I'm happy with what God gave me--even without makeup! :)
3. I'll probably watch only the figure skating events of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.
4. The Golden Girls is one of my favorite shows.
5. If I had to pick a "Golden Girl" whose personality is closest to mine, it would have to be Rose. (not Dorothy--her humor can be a bit harsh!)
6. The only Mardi Gras parade I've ever been to was a dog parade!
7. I laugh hysterically at Steve Martin's "I would like to buy a cheeseburger" bit in The Pink Panther. It gets me every time! :)
Some people think blog awards are silly, but I just LOVE getting them and passing them along! When I get an award I try to pass it along to bloggers who I haven't previously given an award to, and/or one who hasn't already received the same award. :)
I'm passing this award along to:
1. Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny
2. Divine Mrs D of Love is a Verb
3. Faith of An Edible Mosaic
4. Libby of Cooking with Libby
5. Liza of The Smiths
6. Paloma of The Coffee Shop
7. SnoWhite of Finding Joy in My Kitchen