Monday, February 1, 2010

Appetizer Week: Mini Ham & Cheese


With Super Bowl XLIV only a week away (Geaux Saints!),  many of us are starting to plan our menus for the big day's festivities.  Super Bowl Sunday combines four of the things we Americans love the most: football, beer, TV and FOOD!  And lots of it.  Since the majority of the food served will be appetizers and finger foods (who has time to sit with a knife and fork when there's football to be watched?), I'll be featuring an appetizer every weekday this week. First up:  Mini Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

I ♥ miniature food.  If all my food was miniature, I'd be a happy gal.  Now I don't mean small servings or little slices of something--I'm talking mini versions of the real deal, like these sandwiches.  They're simple to throw together, yet pack such an amazing flavor punch!  Seriously, I could eat four (or more!) of these in a sitting if nobody was around to laugh and point at me in disgust.  (Sidenote:  poppy seeds & braces are not friends.  They manage to wriggle their way into every nook and cranny imaginable!)  I first saw this recipe when Jen of Beantown Baker posted them back in December, and it's absolutely fantastic.  Please visit her site for the recipe, and be sure to check out the rest of her wonderful creations!

Tomorrow:  A dip you'll "pop" over!

8 comments:

  1. These little sammies are too cute! I love making a meal out of miniature foods too...I always feel like I'm getting to eat more, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look grat, and like you I could probably eat 4..or 5...or 6...
    Mini food is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even tell you how much I love mini food as well! I loved your post with all the mini desserts.

    Thanks for the recipe! I actually used that recipe as my template for the cupcakes. And that was the first blueberry buttercream I tried! I think that, if I do that one, I need to use frozen berries. I'm going to try the other one again and keep the cooked berries in the mixture instead of straining them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY LOOK GREAT! I will have to check the recipe out!!! I love cheese!!!

    Paloma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! I love all things mini as well and completely agree that these are perfect for the Superbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking about food for our Lost party on Tuesday. We've got food and drink-Hurley themed-but are still coming up with a dessert! Last year it was Claire's... get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMM! I'm a sucker for a good ham and cheese sandwich! I'll have to try these! Your blog is really cute!! Thanks for following my blog! I'm going to follow yours as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks yummy. I am loving your blog!! Now following.

    ReplyDelete