Sunday, September 13, 2009

Start Your Day Off Right

Having exhausted my freezer-supply of morning glory muffins, I was looking for something different to bake up for the next few weeks' breakfasts. My parents came to visit last week, armed with a rather large clamshell of blueberries from the warehouse club. Faced with more blueberries than I could possibly eat before they entered Moldsville, I needed to bake them up pronto. Blueberry muffins were an obvious choice, but since I've been eating muffins for two weeks I decided to try out this recipe by Farmgirl Fare. I used a 50/50 mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat flour for an added nutrition boost, and they turned out deliciously! Blueberries stuffed between oatmeal and wheat strusel? Tasty!

2 comments:

  1. How do you plan on storing the bars for extended use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrapped them individually in plastic wrap and stashed them in a big zip-top baggie in the freezer. Take out to defrost as needed! :)

    ReplyDelete