Saturday, September 5, 2009

KAF Guaranteed Fudge Brownies

Seriously. You have to make these brownies, which bear the proud stamp of "KAF Guaranteed" by King Arthur Flour Company. Check out their promise:
Our guarantee: These brownies, deep chocolate brown inside with a lighter-colored top crust, will be about 3/4" to 1" tall when cut. They'll be ultra-moist without crossing the line into gooey/ under baked. (Link)
And did they deliver? You betcha. This is my third attempt at this recipe but definitely not my final. The first two? Not so good. User error, of course. Not following directions and/or forgetting vital ingredients like baking powder produced brownies that while tasty, did not live up to the guarantee in appearance. I was extra careful to adhere to the recipe this time, even adding the chocolate chips I omitted on my first two attempts. My reward? Beautifully shiny, crackly tops and a moist fudgey interior. It was the general consensus of my co-workers/lucky recipients/guinea pigs that the chocolate chips were superfluous (okay, so I'm paraphrasing here). So...unless you're an uber chocoholic, I'd leave them out. Walnuts would be a welcome substitute though. Round 4, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. YEEHAW, Dorothy! What a thrill to see our brownie recipe showcased like this. I'm so glad you liked them - I'm probably on testing round, oh, 632 or so... just made another batch this weekend for a Labor Day family picnic. Baked the batter in individual paper muffin cups - it made 24 individual brownies, so easy to let the kids grab, and every bit as moist and yummy as the "slab" version, so add this to your arsenal of tricks. Enjoy your future tests - PJ Hamel, King Arthur Flour baker/blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those crackily topped brownies!!! And, I love King Arthur!

    Ooooo...and cool comment from PJH! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridget- I know!!!! When I saw the comment from PJH my heart skipped a beat. Comments and recognition from a 'celebrity'...how awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy
    :D
    this is a must make & bake

    ReplyDelete