Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Friendship Cake: Day 20

Here's a look at how my Thirty Day Friendship Cake is doing:  


Day 20: August 19, 2010
Observations:
Pineapple bits have absorbed some of the sugar from the liquid and are no longer floating at the top.  Over the last 10 days, I'd been looking forward to the "The color should change, and the mixture should foam when stirred" part of the recipe...but this didn't happen.  A quick internet search revealed that I'm not the only one who didn't get foamage during days 10-20.  I'm disappointed, but I'm pressing on. 

Ingredients needed for Day 20:

  • two 10 ounce jars of maraschino cherries, undrained
  • 2½ cups sugar
Slice each cherry in half, and stir in. Add 2 ½ cups of the white sugar. Stir once every day for the final 10 days. The cherries will give the juice back its pinkish color.


And...now we wait.  Another 10 days.  

Need to catch up?
Friendship Fruit Starter
Friendship Cake: Days 1 & 10


Reminder:  You still have time to enter my $40 CSN Stores Giveaway!  Entry deadline is Thursday, August 26th at NOON Central Standard Time.  Entering is free, no strings attached.  You've got nothing to lose!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it's not foaming yet, but I'm sure things'll pick up soon. Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO interesting. I've never heard of friendship cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm friendship cake. My stepmom used to make that a lot when I was a kid. I love that you are taking us through it step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much have been looking all over for this recipe, and you have it all here with your included links. Thanks again, I can't wait to get it started.

    ReplyDelete