Friday, July 4, 2008

It's the Fourth of July!

Cake + Fruit + Jell-O + Cheesecake = YUM!

This delightful concoction by Kraft Foods entitled "Wave Your Flag Cheesecake" has been in my repertoire for several years now. It's one of those cleverly devised recipes that calls for multiple brand name products, but I of course went the generic/store brand route just to fly in the face of Kraft Foods. While it may seem odd at first to top a pound cake with gelatin and a cheesecake-like mixture, one bite will have you aching for more. Finish reading this post, then run to the store and buy the ingredients. There's no baking involved, so you have no excuse not to make one.


The holiday weekend has me itchin' to fire up my oven and do some baking, but that might have to wait till Sunday. In case you're curious, here's a sneak peek at what I have planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment