Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lemon Bliss Cake


Pure bliss.  That pretty much sums up how I'd describe this Bundt cake.  Moist, bright, and refreshing--what's not to love?  Lemon desserts hold a very high place in my "Things I Like to Eat" hierarchy, that's for sure.  The inspiration behind this recipe comes from the recipe for East 62nd Street Lemon Cake by Maida Heatter, the "Grande Dame of Delicious Desserts."

Visit the King Arthur Flour Company website for the recipe HERE, and be sure to check out their Baking Banter blog for a step-by-step photo tutorial of this recipe.  I didn't follow the glaze recipe exactly--my two lemons yielded about ½ cup juice, so I used the full amount instead of the indicated cup.  The result was bright and lemony, without being mouth-puckeringly sour (the cake itself was fairly sweet).  Also, I used the reverse creaming method for mixing the batter...just because. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey I need some advice :)
    I wanted to make for my boyfriend either a cake or a few cupcakes.
    He is a DJ and I wan wondering have you got an interesting music like toppings? for cupcakes or cake?
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo good! I am going to make that with my new mini bundt pans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CopyCat - What about some records/discs made out of fondant? Or earphones?

    Jenn - It was delicious! I wish I had a mini bundt pan. One bundt per person, yay!

    ReplyDelete