Friday, November 14, 2008

A Christmas Miracle???

Surely it must be, if I made these sammiches last night and I'm posting them the very next day! There's hope yet for me after all :) Compelled to bake 'n' post after procuring a new blog layout (which I'm absolutely IN LOVE with--Thanks, Delicious Design Studio!), I decided to see what I could whip up using ingredients I already had in my *shamefully* large baking supplies stash. Using my favorite cake mix-turned-cookie recipe, I converted a milk chocolate mix into some cute & chewy red velvet cookies and finished them off with a delectable cream cheese filling. Like an Oreo Cakester...but better!

3 comments:

  1. I made these a few weeks ago and used the cream cheese icing from the tube. Didn't like the way it tasted too much. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...I remember you telling me you made red velvet sandwich cookies! I guess I totally (subconsciously) stole the idea from you. For the filling I mixed together 1 block cream cheese, 1/2 stick butter, 4 cups powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla until fluffy and combined. In hindsight, it would worked much better with only 3 cups of powdered sugar--not as sweet so you can EAT MORE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy:

    Love the new blog design! And all the yummy goodies look great too!

    { Lindsey }
    www.coveiter.com

    ReplyDelete